Tuesday 8 May 2012

Why Do We make Price The Main Issue?

Why do we insist on making price the main issue?

I shopped for a gift for my niece the other day and the first place the salesperson took me was to the sales counter. I gave absolutely no signals that price was a consideration in this purchase.

I am a Type 2 Diabetic and yesterday I went to a Chemist to ask if a certain medication had any side effects. The drug is not covered by the government so it would cost me about $110 a month. The chemist tried to persuade me that I would be better off taking insulin instead of paying for the pills. Does she really think I would prefer to stick myself with a needle twice a day in order to save less than $4?

Do your staff make price the main issue - even when it's not one for your customers?

No comments:

Post a Comment