Sunday 25 March 2012

It’s Not Complicated


Business is tough but it ain’t complicated!

I have recently being doing business with Imago Print Centre a digital printing company in Parnell, Auckland.

They are an absolute pleasure to do business with. So much so, that I actually look forward to the experience.

Driving back from their place the other day, I thought about what it is they do that creates such an outstanding customer experience.

The first thing that came to mind is their “can-do, will-do” thinking. Nothing is ever a problem. If I want something done, I just ask and they do it. It’s that simple!

Second is how they put the customer first. When I pick up something that has been printed, I always offer to pay. “Don’t bother about that now,” they tell me. “We’ll send an invoice.”

Thirdly, they are so friendly. By the third visit – and I don’t go there that often – they had learned my name and now they always greet me by name and with a smile.

Thirdly, when things go wrong they put it right quickly and to my satisfaction. I once went in at an agreed time to collect some printing I needed to take overseas the next day. I was told it wouldn’t be ready for another 30 minutes. They then offered to courier it to me Sub-60, which would not have been cheap. True to their word, it arrived at my office 90 minutes later.

This is all pretty simple stuff but they are very effective ways to impress customers, retain their business and turn them into raving fans. Imago Print Centre was actually referred to me by a colleague because he enjoyed doing business with them so much.

All this raises the question, why doesn’t every business treat their customers like that?

Could it be that we are trapped in an out-dated paradigm and therefore keep doing things a certain way because we have always done them that way?

Could it be we are just too lazy and can't be bothered giving our customers - who pay our wages -  a great experience?

Or could it be that we don’t realise that no matter what industry you’re in, it’s about the customer, always!

1 comment:

  1. Can do - will do. That's the attitude that just got ex=Brisbane City Mayor, Campbell "Can-Do" Newman elected as the new premier in Queensland in an election that has all but annihilated his opposition. From being the minority party Newman has led his team to victory in 9 out of every 10 seats. So yes, "Can-Do" works.

    ReplyDelete