Thursday 15 March 2012

Today I Fired My Insurance Broker



Today I Fired My Insurance Broker

He doesn't know it yet because we rarely have any contact. I only hear from his office if I forget to pay a premium.

The exception was the other day when he left a message on the phone to say they had forgotten to send out two premium notices for insurance on rental properties and these were now overdue. I think the intent of the message was to say I shouldn't worry because the properties were still insured but I'm not quite sure I have this right because the two overdue notices arrived on my desk with no covering note or explanation.

To add insult to injury, the premiums are nearly double what they were last year. Of course, I understand that's because of the Christchurch earthquakes but some kind of explanation or even acknowledgement the premiums had skyrocketed would have been nice.

I meet with my new broker on Monday. The old one probably won't know he's been fired until the underwriters tell him he will no longer be getting any commissions on my business.

I guess that's what happens when you don't look after your customers!

No comments:

Post a Comment